Snap Releases

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Oct 28 04:27:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 15:47, rjames wrote:

> If you guys are going to be using these in the future for live cd's, you need to make sure you aren't overburning these things because a hell of a lot of cd/dvd burners *DON'T* support this, and the snap 3 386 live cd iso are overburned [703 megs instead of the standard 650/702 megs].
>
> None of my Liteon dvd burners support overburning and I don't think the older sony cdwr drive I have in a older computer supports it either.
>
> If you are going to be overburning these things, at least say so, so people won't waste their time downloading something that's going to be unusable on their machines.

Or just keep a couple of DVD-RW around for burning one off test installs
onto and stop piling up so many discs that aren't good for much a month
later.  Better still, if you have a super-multi drives on your test
machines is to use DVD-RAM.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!