XO Performance Team meeting

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 14:48:12 UTC 2008

Josh Bressers wrote:
> So we had the first XO Performance Team meeting.  Given we have a pretty defined
> scope, there wasn't a ton to talk about.
>
> I updated the wiki page with our high level goals:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/XO_Performance
>
> Right now, the plan is this:
>   lmacken is going to look at some kernel foo I don't understand.
>   mrhodes Is going to look at the services.
>   We could still stand someone looking at the gnome bits
>   and how to make firefox more usable.
>   I'll deal with some image creation things.
>
> So any other team members who weren't around, feel free to grab a task, fill in
> the wiki with more details, or start discussion on the mailing list.

So, I was also going to do some boot-time testing, look into some other
filesystem & IO ideas, but... my XO is constantly locking up, with
various BUG()s and WARN_ON()s and just plain silent death.  I'm still
trying to get a serial console to work on the usb port, but... are
others seeing this?  Maybe I need to test my memory or something....

-Eric