Java browser plugin/Liveconnect support status (and request to test!)

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 29 23:51:45 UTC 2008

Deepak Bhole wrote:
> * Patrick <fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> [2008-10-29 18:48]:
>> Deepak Bhole wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any other copies of firefox running? You need to make sure all
>>> instances are closed. Once that is confirmed, doing
>>> 'ICEDTEAPLUGIN_DEBUG=true firefox' on the console should produce debug
>>> output.
>>

> Ah, that segfault was a nasty 64-bit-only bug. Which version of the openjdk
> rpm are you using? I fixed that issue in the latest build here:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=67796
>
> Please try it again with that one.. for some reason it has no hit
> rawhide yet even though it was built 2 days ago.
[snip]
Downloaded the java updates you refered to and updated with rpm -Uvh.
Saw one message I didn't understand:

    6:java-1.6.0-openjdk-plug###########################################
[ 86%]
/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/lib/amd64/gcjwebplugin.so has not
been configured as an alternative for libjavaplugin.so.x86_64

But I don't have the gcjwebplugin:

[patrick at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep gcjwebplugin
[patrick at localhost ~]$

Then I did the test with ICEDTEAPLUGIN_DEBUG=true firefox again and it
worked fine. Starting Firefox regularly worked fine too. I scrolled back
and forth through the video and everything just worked. Great job!

Regards,
Patrick