Newer Kernels: Boot failed (Bug in Bugzilla)

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Oct 31 17:52:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:43:19AM -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote, On 10/31/2008 11:37 AM:
> I am not sure if the below yum commands will obey the install only kernel
> settings you normally get with yum, but I suspect they might.
>

> >Oops!  Sending too fast.  Sorry.  Make the above into "localupdate":
> >
> >    yum --nogpgcheck localupdate *6.0.69-1.fc10*
> >    yum --nogpgcheck localupdate k*2.6.27.4-69.fc10*

Yes, they will behave the same like with yum pulling updates from a
"regular" repository hence will take care about those details you
are not so sure about.  You will be asked for a confirmation anyway
unless you will add '-y' flag.  '--nogpgcheck' is needed because
koji packages are not signed.

   Michal