Sound is completely broken after today's updates

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Sep 12 14:23:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 04:14:41PM +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> I applied today's updates (pulseaudio...and so on) and now my system
> are mute!!!! this system has always played fine (and now I don't have
> sound also in system-config-audio, with driver
> snd-intelx0.
>
> Really surprised and annoyed.....I suppose that now I will hear that
> this is rawhide, baby....just for my information, are the packagers
> applying any update to their system before issuing updates???

Packagers should be testing the changes locally on their system, yes.
However, no packager has every combination of hardware, software, and
configuration history available to test with.  Also, once a package is
built for rawhide, it ends up in the repo for users to install--there
is no separate "issue" step for updates to rawhide like there is for
stable releases.