nouveau and double monitor error

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 20:57:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 15:26 +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> just installed F11 beta x86_64 on my Dell XPS M1330 laptop.
> Driver used by Xorg is nouveau.
> All ok with installation, but I had these problems:
> 1) It seems that at first reboot the screen size was not correctly autodetected.
> I was not able to see the right side of the screen, so being unable to
> select "Next" buttons....
> With Tab key I was able to complete the registration and smolt sending
> steps anyway

Could you check if hitting the 'auto-adjust' button on the monitor fixes
this or not?

For the other issue, the other Gianluca pointed out the relevant bug
report: it's a known limitation of the nouveau driver, you have to
specify the total resolution you need via xorg.conf (after creating it,
if necessary) for now. We should document this somewhere I guess...