bind confusion

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Tue Apr 14 23:04:17 UTC 2009

I'm trying to figure out how to recreate my named configuration
from fedora 10 on the fedora 11 beta I'm testing, and I find
myself confused.

On fedora 10 I have symlinks for files like /etc/named.conf
into the chroot /var/named/chroot/etc directory. I've installed
the bind-chroot rpm, but it didn't create any files in
/var/namedchroot/etc. I ran the new system-config-bind
(which no longer crashes on startup), but it didn't setup
anything in the chroot directory either.

I'm just wondering if something about bind chroot has
changed since f10?

I suppose the simplest thing to do is just copy everything
from f10 and see if it "just works" :-).