New BugZapper Introduction

Akshay Dua akshay at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Aug 12 19:35:48 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I am happy to be joining the Fedora Bug Zappers team. I have been
using Linux as the only OS on my laptop since 2004. I switched between
many distributions (Suse, Debian, Mandrake) before I settled on Ubuntu
in 2006. Since then, I have mainly been filing bugs in Launchpad.
However, I recently switched to F11 and was really happy to see how
much more responsive it was and how fast it booted.

I want to start triaging bugs because I want to understand what kind
of problems exist in Fedora today. Eventually, my goal is to fix bugs,
but I thought knowing and working with them first will be very
helpful.

My name is Akshay Dua and I am a Ph.D. student at Portland State
University. I worked in industry for a few years before I went back to
school and so I have a decent programming background. I have mainly
programmed in C, C++, Java, and Perl.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thank you,

- Akshay