test days live image creation guide

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 15:50:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 07:37 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> Hello,
>
> our kickstart script [1] may be soon included in the upstream
> spin-kickstarts project (see below). There are a few issues I would
> like to discuss with you.
>
> 1) Currently we have two additional repos defined in the script:
> http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/repos/testday

No longer needed.

> http://adamwill.fedorapeople.org/nouveau

This one may be needed for graphics test days, that was the reason it
was introduced. It might be better for me just to get it into the main
repositories, though.

> Do we still need these repositories (they look outdated)?
> Do we want them to be included in the upstream script by default?
>
> When creating particular test days the teams will of course
> sometimes create their own repository with packages they need
> (like our case of abrt). That is a different case. The question
> is, if we want to have some repository defined which is by default
> used in *all* test days. You tell me, I have too few experience yet :)
> Who would manage it, what would be the best location?

I don't think it would make much sense to have such a repository, I
think anything needed for all test days should be in the official
repos...