Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 25 16:47:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:37:15AM -0500, Chris Schumann wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Scott Robbins<scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 07:56:00AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> >> We need your help to make Fedora 12 the best release yet
>
> > I see boot.iso still doesn't allow to specify a method, (from the bug
> > report, seems it'll be the next iteration of anaconda that fixes that)
> > and haven't yet tried the net.iso.  Going to try that one next, again
> > doing my minimal install, and see how it goes.
>
> The size issue I'm having is that my Mini CD-R discs are rated at
> 185MB, but actually hold about 200MB. Still, the net install ISO is
> just a tiny bit too large to fit on one of these discs. Believe me,
> it's the last time I'll buy them, but if it's easy to leave a thing or
> two out to make these discs work, life would be a tiny bit easier for
> me.

See my other post--netinstall isn't (a net install) again, unless I've
missed some change in the way one tells it to offer the option of
network installation.  Right now, the only way that's worked for me is
to use Unetbootin, choose Fedora rawhide netinstall from the choices and
boot off of that--it's the only thing offering me NFS or a URL.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: A slayer with family and friends. That sure as hell wasn't
in the brochure.