packagekit command not found error

Richard Hughes hughsient at
Mon Aug 31 19:07:44 UTC 2009

2009/8/30 David L <idht4n at>:
> I just entered a typo at the command line in f12 alpha and
> got a packagekit error:

I'm slightly confused why you got a backtrace here, using git master I
just get the nicely formatted error.

> It obviously wasn't a big deal, but doesn't seem  like the
> optimal design for this neat new feature.

Sure, but we can't just run yum-complete-transaction unconditionally,
as this sometimes wants to remove half of the system. Also running
stuff anyway and ignoring the situation sometimes makes the situation
a whole lot worse.

The solution is not for the system to get in this situation in the first place.