Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 5 12:12:00 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 03:01:27 Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi! I am Adam Williamson. I am working for Red Hat as of this Monday.

Hi Adam.  Good to talk to you again.  One thing I'd like you to think about,
though I have no idea what can be done about it.  It's well-known that distros
tweak KDE to make things work more to their liking.  It's equally well-known
that the practice can cause some friction :-) and users asking KDE people
about problems are quite likely to be told that there is no help because it is
down to some action of Fedora.

At the moment I advise people to file bugs against the distro first, and let
distro maintainers/packagers refer it upstream  if necessary.  It would be
really useful if there could be some sort of guidelines about things that
should be referred directly to the KDE bugzilla.  It would both ease the load
somewhat on Fedora and speed things up.

Of course I may be asking for the impossible, in which case, forget it, and
welcome!

Anne