QA Certification?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 19:33:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 11:24 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> [...]

I don't think that was Leam's idea. Actually Leam and I and a few others
met up for lunch today (thanks Leam!) and we talked about it a bit. I
hope I'm not misrepresenting anything, but here's what I think his idea
is:

It's not about asking people to *come in* with a QA certificate, or
requiring people to get one to work on Fedora QA. What Leam would like
is for us to read up on industry QA certifications and see what kinds of
things they involve, and then jiggle things in Fedora QA so they
represent some of those ideas. The point being that just by volunteering
to help out with Fedora QA and following the processes, you'd be
learning skills that would actually be transferable, so hopefully after
a while of just doing Fedora QA you could go take an industry QA cert
course and be able to get through it easily. That would not be a
requirement of any kind and if you didn't want to you wouldn't have to -
the idea is just that it would be appealing to people to know that, by
getting involved with Fedora QA, they could learn skills that they could
apply to a general certification, if they wanted one.

That's right, right Leam? I think it's a nice idea for sure.
--
adamw