re-doing the QA part of "join-fedora"

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Fri Feb 6 00:29:42 UTC 2009

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> Daumas, I think I hit your concerns about expectations and have the
>> basic idea for documenting bodhi, koji, eieio...
>>

> Do we really need a Stream Liaison in the QA team? Should that role be
> in another Fedora group?
>
> What about people that wish to download packages from updates-testing
> and make sure they don't destroy the system (ex: dbus updates)? I would
> like to fill such a role.
>
> The other roles look fine to me, but I'm just a newb.

Stream Liason is a reality check. My real goal would be an openness in
QA that lets us assimilate feedback from the user community and NOT
require QA to test every bloody thing under the sun before the GA date
is hit.

For example, if we have some finite community who really really really
likes TWM on PPC as their window manager then they can really really
really help by making sure THEY test it. Someone from that community
could interact with QA if TWM on PPC broke and that person/group could
act as Stream Liason. They would get the quickest updates, and would
work into the system and be able to articulate their community needs and
Fedora's progress bi-directionally.

QA members could volunteer to be a Stream Liason for whatever sub-groups
they really liked spending time with. The SL is mostly a communications
point between QA and the specific user community. For starters, it would
probably be better to have a finite scope on what a "Stream" is. Unless
you already have a gung-ho team like "KDE" that does much of the same idea.

Does that make more sense? If not, feel to say so.  ;)

On the general tester role, as Rahul also mentioned, you are both right.
I just blanked out on that one. Just added "Release Tester", does that
convey the right information?

Leam