Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 6 00:30:35 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Cool, thanks for that link. Sorry, I should've been clearer - I was
> talking at the triage level, not the filing level. I don't mean to have
> a policy you have to read when filing a bug, as you say, it makes most
> sense to file most stuff at distro level and have someone involved with
> the distro make the decision what to shovel upstream. I meant whether we
> have a policy for the shovellers, or they just have basic guidelines and
> use their judgment.

In the KDE case, just let KDE SIG (including our triager, S. M. Parrish,
also known as tuxbrewr) handle it, I don't think we need any guidelines
there (we've been doing well so far) nor that it's particularly easy to
come up with some (how is a user expected to know what causes a bug?
Sometimes even we developers are mistaken and get the bug bounced back by
the KDE folks, who now have a CLOSED DOWNSTREAM state in their Bugzilla for
this purpose).

Maybe there are packages where guidelines are easier to come up with though.

        Kevin Kofler