Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 17:17:15 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 2/6/09, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Cc: "Antonio Olivares" <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> Date: Friday, February 6, 2009, 8:43 AM
> Bruno Wolff III (bruno at wolff.to) said:
> > I use Ctrl Alt BS a lot, as X crashes for me when
> starting up over half the
> > time. Sometimes I need over a half dozen restarts
> before X starts up
> > successfully. While I could do multiple telinits, Ctrl
> Alt BS is a lot faster.
>
> Not to be too pedantic, but if X crashes, what exactly are
> you
> killing with ctrl-alt-backspace?
>
> Bill

You are probably not killing anything, since X is not starting :)
You are only(my guess*) is restarting the X server via CTRL + ALT + BS

I think it (CTRL  + ALT + BS), is a thing that will be missed dearly, since many people are used to it.  I *wonder* if the Xorg guys are following up on Obama's motto of *CHANGE*?

Regards,

Antonio