rsibreak causes kde 4.2 updates to fail from F10 updates testing

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 00:26:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 16:48 -0700, stan wrote:
>  When I try to update KDE from the updates testing respostory for F10
> x86_64, I get the following error:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: libplasma.so.2()(64bit) is needed by
> package rsibreak-0.9.0-3.fc10.x86_64 (installed)
>
> This then causes all of the rest of the updates to fail.  Should I
> open a bugzilla for this?  Here are the typical error
> messages.

What exact command are you using to update? I ran this:

	sudo yum --enablerepo=updates-testing groupupdate "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

which threw out a number of errors similar to what you saw (but for a
different set of packages). I then updated those specific packages from
updates-testing and ran the above command again. This time it worked.

poc