rsibreak causes kde 4.2 updates to fail from F10 updates testing

stan eiqep_eiwo_y at cox.net
Sat Feb 7 17:09:37 UTC 2009

John5342 wrote:
> 2009/2/7 stan wrote:
>
>     Thanks for the response.  I went and looked at the link, but I can't
>     find a way to download the package.  I just keep going round is
>     circles.  Guess I'll just wait for it to show up in updates-testing.
>      :-)
>

> If you click on the package name at the top of that page it takes you to
> the koji build, then just click on the download link next to the package
> for your architecture. From your example failure in a previous post i
> would say you want the x86_64 version which points to here:
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/rsibreak/0.9.0/6.fc10/x86_64/rsibreak-0.9.0-6.fc10.x86_64.rpm
>
> once downloaded you can use:
>
> sudo yum --nogpg localinstall rsibreak-0.9.0-6.fc10.x86_64.rpm
>
> to install it (the --nogpg is needed because builds direct from koji
> arent signed). Then just update like you were before to get the rest of
> the testing updates.
>
> Or of course you can wait for the next push as you said.

Thanks, that worked.

So I went back to the original link.  Again, I click on the package name at the top of the page.  I get to a page with a
column called update with the package under it.  I click the link for F10, and it takes me back to the original page.
No sign of a download link anywhere.

Then I notice that the original page has a category called Builds.  And lo and behold, clicking that takes me to a page
with download links.  Don't know how I missed that last night, but there it is.

I haven't done the install yet, but this should probably fix things after I put it in the local packages directory so
yum can find it.

/var/cache/yum/updates/packages for anyone reading along.