Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 9 18:05:28 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
>> If, however, the thing that's burning all your CPU is merely some X app
>> and not the X server, then c-a-bs is just a faster method of getting to
>> something like the Force Quit dialog on a mac, except you kill
>> everything.  Seems like you'd rather have Force Quit to me.
>
> You mean like KDE's Ctrl-Alt-Esc + click on the offending window with the
> pirate skull cursor? :-)

Force Quit is available in GNOME which is slightly different. Metacity
detects if the app is not responsive and prompts to kill it instead.
There is also a panel applet you can add. However either or both in only
helpful in some occasions. Sometimes you GUI seems "struck" with just a
whitespace everywhere on your screen. On other occasions, the cursor is
struck and won't allow you to click anywhere.

Rahul