Wiki suggestions

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Feb 9 22:20:33 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:

> I agree that it's a bad page. However, the information in it is probably
> useful information that we want to have available. How should it be
> better organized?

I will see if I can come up with something to replace that page on next
days.
> I would propose splitting it up. The stuff about 'how to report bugs'
> and so on should probably be handled by the Bugzappers group
How to report bugs should be on the new testing pages which would have
various information on how to prepare for testing using gdb and so on.
>  - they may
> have a page for this already. The stuff about Rawhide should, again, be
> a separate page - if there isn't an actual 'Rawhide' page yet, there
> ought to be one. That just leaves the stuff about updates-testing. 'How
> to use updates-testing' could probably usefully be its own page too. So,
> three separate new pages? Sounds good?

Let's see if I cant come up with something not so distant future
> Then we can think about how to pull it back in to the main page later. I
> think you're right that, for now, we should just drop the 'testing'
> link.
>

>> I added a reference to Triagers ( Bugzappers )
>>
>> * [[ BugZappers | Review ]] and act as bridge between users and
>> developers that aids in fixing and closing bugs ]]
>>

> This is good, but could probably be written better - I'll change it in
> my draft.
>

>> Removed the reference to Test Day since the info on when test day's are
>> held is on the test day page.
>>

> I think we can keep the mention but not talk about the day. It's smart
> not to write the day here, because when you duplicate info like that in
> different pages, it's easy for them to get out of sync.

We should refer to the test day under "Get Involved" I think.
>> * [[QA/Test Days | Test Days ]] are typically held on Thursdays to
>> coordinate focused testing on a specific feature or component.
>>
>> Removed Related Projects unless all SIG's are going to be mentioned here
>> it should not exist.
>>

> I agree entirely. I just don't see the need for this.
>

>> Used my Communicate and Get involved but arranged them as his suggestion
>> did.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA
>>

> Here's my draft. It's a synthesis of your ideas and Chris's.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA
>
> I added an overall introduction sentence. I tried to rewrite the
> Bugzappers line to include their name and make clear that they're a
> group themselves.
I removed the bug zapper reference ( the link took them to the page )

We should not be using team names on a front page to enter a team on the
wiki
It should be refered to the team name on a suppage that's why I chose to
have Triaging instead of Bug Zappers.
Otherwize we can just as well create a Bug Hunter page for testing
( or rename the QA page to Bug Hunters since most think that QA is just
testing or to be more specific QE )
and rename the Development page to Bug Breeders  (for those that write
the initial code )
and Bug Feeders ( for those that patch it )

First of all the QA page should be containing info for QA assurance for
the fedoraproject as whole
not just "Testing" there is more than just software that needs QA in the
Fedoraproject.

QA in its current form should be a section under QA called Quality
Control which consist of at least three teams
Engineering for automated testing and tools that aid in testing along (
sometimes referred to as QE )
with Bug Hunters ( testers ) and  Bug Zapper ( Triagers )

JBG