Release-critical bug process?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 22:56:05 UTC 2009

> b) We all more or less agreed that the process should make it quite easy
> to nominate a bug to 'block' a release, and bugzappers will probably do
> a lot of that, but ultimately for now it's probably right for Jesse (or,
> more formally, RelEng) to be the ultimate arbiter. Jesse would like us
> to err on the side of nominating things to be blockers - he's more
> worried about missing something important than the time it takes to weed
> out things he doesn't consider critical.

Further additions.  I'll always prefer the domain expert for a bug make
the call for "blocker or not".  You'll see me and others use the bug to
get the maintainer to make such a call, or provide us with enough
information that we can make the call having been better informed.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!