Trying to build tightvnc for FC10 from FC11 src.rpm

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 12 19:15:48 UTC 2009

dexter wrote:
> 2009/2/12 Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>:
>
>> Well I got the src.rpm for fc11, and after running rpmbuild, I found a
>> number of dependencies I needed.  I installed those and tried again and not
>> too supprisingly the rebuild failed.
>>
>> First it is telling me that both user and group mockbuild do not exist and
>> it is using root.
>>
>> Is this a problem?  I am running from userid:  me
>>

>> After these warnings, I get an Executing(%prep) and a number of info
>> messages, then after a line about 'patching file configure.ac' I get:
>>
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 29.
>> Hunk #2 succeeded at 53 (offset 2 lines).
>> Hunk #3 succeeded at 1213 (offset 10 lines).
>> Hunk #4 FAILED at 1892.
>> 2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.ac.rej
>> patching file hw/Makefile.am
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 33.
>> 1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file hw/Makefile.am.rej
>> patching file mi/miinitext.c
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 272.
>> Hunk #2 FAILED at 478.
>> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file mi/miinitext.c.rej
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lr6xIj (%prep)
>>
>> So what do I do to get this working?
>>

> Start by looking at the spec file here:
>    patch -p1 --fuzz=0 < ../xserver16.patch
> xserver 1.6 aint out for F10 so do:
>    patch -p1 --fuzz=2 < ../xserver15.patch
> The other patches should apply clean, investigate those that dont then rebase.

Some progress, or at least different errors....

I made the change you show, and then:

+ echo 'Patch #9 (tight-xorg-version.patch):'
Patch #9 (tight-xorg-version.patch):
+ /bin/cat /home/me/rpmbuild/SOURCES/tight-xorg-version.patch
+ /usr/bin/patc -s -p1 -b --suffix .version fuzz=0
unix/xserver/configure.ac.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

And it does not matter if I reply with n or y, the rpmbuild fails.