'Joining in' wiki page draft

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Feb 12 22:25:10 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 18:40 -0500, Leam Hall wrote:
>
>> Adam Williamson wrote:
>>

>>> Let me put it less high-mindedly, then. I am aiming to do a bit of
>>> constructive lying. ;)
>>>
>> I avoid lying as I have yet to really find it constructive.
>>

>>> I don't think you really need RHCT / RHCE skills to get Rawhide running,
>>> but yeah, it's probably a bit of a slog.
>>>
>>> reasonable familiarity with Linux and the distro in question,
>>>
>>  > a *spare* system of some kind, and
>>  > the flexibility to accept that someI pe stuff will break sometimes.
>>
>> That's your RCHT level skill set:
>>

> OK, so I revised my draft slightly to re-add a reference to RHCT:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_Join#Testing_Rawhide
>
> I'd still like some input on whether people prefer my draft or Johann's.
> I'd like to pick one and then put both it and the agreed main page draft
> up soon, like today or tomorrow. Thanks!

I personally am I against any mention that if you have or require and x
certificate
bla bla bla up your arse and think that it will result in more people be
scared
or lead them to be more hesitate to participate in rawhide testing

Should we start requiring x years on a computer course in programming
from y university's before you start participated in developing pure
bullocks..

On the other hand you might say this might prepare for what ever linux
certificate that is out there
which testing in general does btw why should we only mention RH
certificates

JBG