f11 evolution hang

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 02:24:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:18 PM, David L wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Andrew Parker  wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM, David L  wrote:
>>> I tried to start evolution in f11  Two windows pop up...
>>> one for entering my exchange password, and another
>>> to acknowledge that I'm using a test release.  Neither
>>> window is responsive.  The password entry window
>>> seems completely unresponsive.  The test release
>>> warning seems to accept button presses on the OK
>>> button but doesn't close when it is pressed.  Is there
>>> a command line way to tell evolution that I know I'm
>>> running a test release?
>>
>> You could try starting it in offline mode so that it doesn't ask for
>> the password:
>>
>>    evolution --offline
>
> That didn't help... it still popped up a window for my
> exchange password.

I solved this problem by disabling my exchange account
while in f10, then booting to f11, accepting the test release
warning with the check box checked saying don't warn me
again, then re-enabling exchange.  There seemed to be
some sort of deadlock between the two windows.  Anyway,
that's a workaround if you have two partitions.  I don't think
I'll file a bug report on the deadlock since the warning will
go away when released.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

                   David