Trying to build tightvnc for FC10 from FC11 src.rpm

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Feb 15 21:42:36 UTC 2009

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Well I got the src.rpm for fc11, and after running rpmbuild, I found a
> number of dependencies I needed.  I installed those and tried again and
> not too supprisingly the rebuild failed.

When you get this running,try switching your connection window between
fullscreen and not-fullscreen.

I've not seen a version on Linux that worked, I've seen several (on
different distros too!) that failed.

I've never been bugged enough to report it, I simply chose an
alternative that works. Whatever the other differences beteen VNC
implementations, they've never mattered to me.

It's also a while since I tried tightVNC at all, someone may have fixed it.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait