Rawhide: kernel & Yumex

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:22:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> explain "yum can't handle the update". It sure looks like yum is
> handling the update. Or do you mean the detection of PAE vs non PAE?

PAE vs non PAE.
But looking back through this thread answers my question - Antonio M
has a PAE capable *cpu*
Antonio M wrote:
> flags         : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
> Pacchetti disponibili
> kernel.i586                 2.6.29-0.119.rc5.fc11                      rawhide

I see the same with my F10 desktop at home:
Installed Packages
kernel.i686                   2.6.27.9-159.fc10                        installed
kernel.i686                   2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10                   installed
Available Packages
kernel.i586                   2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10                   updates
[root at elm ~]#  cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep pae
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up

However, mine has less than 4GB ram, so even is yum is making this
decision, mine would not be a good candidate anyway...

jerry