Rawhide dailies on USB drive

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 14:55:56 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, February 18 2009, Christopher Beland said:
> I don't know why live media aren't automatically produced on a daily
> or weekly basis; perhaps it is not technically feasible.

The problem isn't so much the production of the images as much as the
distribution.  Live images use squashfs and thus aren't friendly at all
to rsync.  Which means that the mirrors would have a much higher amount
of churn every day which isn't really feasible.

Not mirroring doesn't really work because it would hurt the bandwidth we
have available.  Torrent-only tests have been done in the past along
these lines, but the number of users was extremely small and then people
complained about not being able to use bittorrent :/

Jeremy