RawhideBlocker [was Re: QA group activities + goals discussion]

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 18:14:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 08:29 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hmm. I wouldn't expect that to cause many problems. It's not as if the
> stuff that's being rebuilt will be incompatible with stuff that hasn't
> been rebuilt yet, after all.

I've learned to expect the unexpected.  Just changing the anaconda
package to i586 broke rawhide production for a number of days until I
sat down all day long and figured out all the places "i386" was assumed.
I'm hedging my bets that there is going to be more fallout of this type,
which is why we're doing this before the feature freeze so that there is
time to fix it before beta freeze.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!