trying to get a WUXGA virtual desktop and WUXGA external video?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Feb 24 16:34:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:01:31AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> that netbook has an HDMI port and i would *dearly* love to be able to
> use it to generate full WUXGA output on that port.  has anyone else
> done that?  used a netbook of some flavour running fedora to drive a
> full WUXGA display?

Not a netbook, but I regularly connect my Lenovo T61 with i965
graphics to a HDTV at 1920x1080 over VGA beside the laptop's internal
panel at 1680x1050, dual-head mode (not cloned).  The key was adding
this Virtual line to xorg.conf:

Virtual 3600 1080