Bug 485618 - Display problems even with "acpi=off nomodeset pci=msi"

anirudh shekhawat shekhawat.anirudh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:25:45 UTC 2009

I installed fedora 10 in text mode but the first reboot couldnt log me in ,i.e.
the system did not comeup and the system would only work with these boot
options "acpi=off nomodeset pci=msi" and none of them could be excluded and
once the system is up and running in cli mode, and when did "startx", the
display which came up was slow i.e. the reaction of the mouse pointer and the
opening and closing of applications window was quite slow.But also that the
display worked fine at times,but this was just at sometimes.
My machine has seen successful installation and working of other distros like
ubuntu 8.04 & 8.10 ,opensuse 11 and mandriva 2009.But fedora has experiencing
such problems.

The above problem has also been filed as a bug at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/485618 , kindly refer and help..

regards
Acedip