network service is not working :(

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 22:20:47 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 2/26/09, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:

> From: Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com>
> Subject: Re: network service is not working :(
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 1:19 PM
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:34:14AM -0800, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
> >
> > Yes everything is working.  Just in Fedora it
> isn't.  It has been
> > a while, I have to manually add the connection :(,
>
> sh -x /sbin/ifup eth0
>
> may tell you more where this is failing.  You possibly need
> follow
> that up with tracing other scripts which this script is
> executing.
>
> > there was
> > something wrong and it could have been selinux but it
> is not :)
>
> If this is a 'network' service then if you do not
> have
>
> NM_CONTROLLED=no
>
> in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 then this may
> be a
> problem.  Another possibility - wrong value for HWADDR. As
> Chris
> suggested - differences between
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth{0,1} could give
> you a key.
>
>    Michal

I'll give that a try, in the meantime

[root at localhost ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
# nVidia Corporation nForce2 Ethernet Controller
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
HWADDR=00:0E:A6:42:59:AF
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no # was no
TYPE=Ethernet
[root at localhost ~]#

I tried to use NetworkManager and it failed to give me an ip :(

Thanks,

Antonio