64 bit Firefox & Flash

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 27 06:25:17 UTC 2009

Andrew Allison wrote:
> I just download a alpha lib from adobe, and stuck it in
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins  and voila.

Why are you replying to me? I don't want to install proprietary software on
my system, and especially not Flash (causes browser crashes, allows ads to
force animations on you in a way you can't stop, allows websites to read
data from your webcam and/or microphone if you have them, has a track
record of critical security issues, forces your browser to have an
executable stack and thus makes it vulnerable to security exploits, keeps
having problems with Konqueror, my browser of choice, consumes a lot of CPU
power etc.).

        Kevin Kofler