Beginner's Documentation Scarcity

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 18:10:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 01:17 -0600, Hunter Bukowski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      I'm trying to get a beginners' training going.  I e-mailed Adam
> about it.  I know some about Fedora Linux but the previously titled
> "sketchy" documentation for beginning bug-zappers left me clueless, to
> be perfectly honest.  Once I know enough, if people give the time to
> teach me, I'm perfectly willing and capable of revamping the
> beginners' documentation.  Ideas or offerings are welcomed.
>
> Danny

I agree that this would be great to do. There's a little group of new
volunteers I've been in touch with this week. Tentatively, I'm hoping we
can have the first 'Bug Day' after the meeting on Tuesday (March 3rd),
and use it to train the new guys :). Then, definitely, we could improve
the Wiki space to make it clearer for new people.

Does this sound good? Do people have time to stick around on IRC for a
while after the meeting and help out the new guys? I think everyone
agrees we need more people doing triage!