A really "big" kernel (in a dead weight)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jan 8 07:16:27 UTC 2009

On 08.01.2009 07:20, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> I tried to install kernel-2.6.29-0.12.rc0.git7.fc11.x86_64.  Its rpm
> package is quite reasonable 24M in size.  Only rpm started to complain
> about insufficient space on /. A check with 'rpm -qip ...' revealed
> that the package claims to expand to 1035938542 bytes.  Around 1 gig!

Just a wild guess: Maybe that's
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.ccache/387 ?

But whatever: Filing a bug in bugzilla.redhat.com is the better way to
get problems like this discussed and solved, as the kernel-maintainer
might not see your mail (there are way to many lists and forums on the
net to watch closely for bugs). An additional mail to lists like this
with a link to the bug OTOH sometimes help to get all the relevant
people together in one place.

CU
knurd