encrypted f10 install - change after using livecd - a question?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 17:46:25 UTC 2009

I have a laptop that had a clean F10 install with encrypted swap, /, and /opt
partitions and all three with the same luks passphrase.

Until now it only asked me for a single passphrase during boot to unlock all
three partitions.

Earlier today I ran the F10 livecd as a demonstration on this machine, and
ran various programs including allowing it to "install" flash plugin for
Firefox. I had presumed this would not affect the hard drive and that it
should boot from HD as before once the CD was out and the machine restarted.

However when I shut the machine down from running the livecd and rebooted to
the normal encrypted system it asked me for the passphrase 4 times during
boot!

This is a real irritation and I don't know what running the livecd did to
make this happen?  Can anyone tell me how to get the system to revert to its
previous behaviour of asking only once for the luks passphrase during boot?

Thanks in advance.