encrypted f10 install - changed after using livecd - a question?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Jan 11 19:47:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:20:57AM +0000, Mike wrote:
> During the mess up that the livecd did to the swap partition a new
> UUID was created and that had to be used in the re-created encrypted swap.

Now you discovered why handling partitions by UUID is not such great
idea.  You may have even more "fun" when for whatever reasons you
would have to recreate some file systems.  I always expected that
this change simply trades one set of headaches for another one and
likely quite more serious on the long run.

OTOH nothing is really forcing you to use that scheme; only anaconda
writes some files using this format but you are not really bound to
accept that.

   Michal