several things not working correctly in rawhide

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Jan 16 18:07:18 UTC 2009

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am sorry to ask for this, but I can't file bug reports from the
> machines that run rawhide, no internet connection(central server burned
> down, will be with no internet for a while).  There are several basic
> things that are not working:

For the record, Fedora rawhide on x86_64 here.

> 1) printing not working, either cups-pdf, or installed printers :(, have
> attached printing troubleshoot stuff, Tim Waugh was helping, but might be
> busy with something else :( or finding a fix :)

For me, cups-1.4-0.b2.2.fc11 is broken. Went back to cups-1.3.9-4.fc10 (and
matching cups-libs, also needs cupsddk-drivers-1.2.3-5.fc10). BZ #473506.

> 2) Cannot burn CD/DVD with gui's, CD/DVD creator from GNOME, gives
> somekind of error, k3b says please insert blank media.  Media is new and
> nautilus asks if we want to burn something, I try it and it comes back
> with unknown error.  Burning from command line works though :), so
> something is wrong with GUI's.

Same type of nonsense here. Gave up on the GUI tools (never understood
them, to be fair).

[...]

> I am sending this message from home in hopes that fellow rawhider(s) have
> the same problmes or similar ones.  I can boot most kernels up to -28 or
> -29, 2.6.29-??? kernels.

Not all of them work here, but the lastest2.6.29-xxx do work.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513