interrupts run crazy on 2.6.28+

Peter F. Patel-Schneider pfps at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Jan 23 15:25:36 UTC 2009

This appears very similar to previous long-term problems with massive
numbers of interrupts on Thinkpad hardware.  My Thinkpad T60p used to
suffer from this problem around the timeframe of Fedora 8.

There was a bug filed on this problem, 391801, but no one on the thread
had experienced the problem for some time, so the bug was closed.  There
have been threads on this kind of issue in other places, including the
Linux Kernel email list.

It appears that something related to the cardbus slot is causing the
problem, so blacklisting yenta_socket will most likely get around the
problem, at the expense of reducing the utility of your cardbus slot.
YMMV.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider