RC2 Anaconda loses existing RAID config

Allen Kistler an037-ooai8 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 02:08:31 UTC 2009

AnacondaBlocker or not?  Read on.

Booting with a kickstart file with missing directives should prompt for
that info manually.  In my case, I leave out the partitioning info
because my machines are different from each other physically, but I like
to set them up the same as much as possible, hence kickstart.

I discovered that anaconda on the F11-rc2 DVD, when prompting for disk
layout, does not display any existing RAID configuration on the custom
layout screen.  The config appears to be lost.

The same problem does not occur when not using kickstart.  The same
problem did not occur with alpha, beta, or preview when using kickstart,
so this bug is a regression.

I collected the RC2 logs and posted them to BZ #503310, along with their
Preview counterparts.  Apparently the version of anaconda on the RC2 DVD
doesn't just lose the config.  It never collects it in the first place.

I suspect there are other use cases (necessarily involving kickstarting)
that this bug would affect.  So ... Blocker?  I'd hate to cause another
week's delay, but it seems like something worth checking.