f11 X "hang"

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:34:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 9:38 PM, David L  wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem where X is kinda sorta
> hanging... I can move the mouse and the keyboard
> is responsive to changes in caps lock, but I can't
> switch workspaces or select a new window or do
> anything useful from my X session.  The way I'm
> getting into this state is to do this:
>
> strace ekiga

This problem was reproducible on two f11 boxes.
(although my setup is probably very similar on both).
Can anyone else reproduce this?  If you don't have
a way to ssh in, be prepared to power cycle if you
try it.

Thanks,

              David

PS -  This doesn't really seem like an strace bug
or an ekiga bug, so I wouldn't know what to file a bug
report against.