RCs for Everyone (was One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release)

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Jun 1 15:57:30 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:

> I get the impression that jigdo is out of favor for some reason

My own personal opinion of jigdo is that I don't have much use for it
outside of Fedora, so why should I familiarize myself with yet another
tool? Bittorrent gets the job done.

Since I don't keep RPMs on my local machine, isn't jigdo going to keep
downloading full RPM sets anyway? I'd have to download from mirrors,
which is costing mirror bandwidth.

Jigdo seems to be a worse option over bittorrent.