RCs for Everyone (was One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release)

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Mon Jun 1 16:50:10 UTC 2009

----- "Michael Cronenworth" <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> I use bittorrent over jigdo to download Unity spins. I get them in a
> few
> hours (or less) and seed till my ratio is 1.0 to 2.0. I'd much rather
>
> use bittorrent and save mirror bandwidth. I use tools I am familiar
> with
> and are widely used and work well.

I am glad we were able to bring the torrents back and I am happy to hear that they are working well for you, seeders are great. Having both options for our consumers is a win for everyone. We have people collecting the bits using jigdo then seed the torrent using the resulting images. When we were seeding directly it was a huge financial black hole.

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |