Is alsa-version 1.0.20 or 1.0.18?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 03:22:45 UTC 2009

Dear fellow testers,

 I have been running rawhide successfully for quite some time.  On a home machine from which I only have dialup connection I took it to school and updated a Fedora 11 Preview Installation and am running with no troubles or not much at all.  I ran scanModem, the tool from LinModems to identify modems.  It reports alsa version to be 1.0.18, I also run ./alsa-info or something like that that it outputs to /tmp/alsa-info.txt.  I have attached the output of both and see why one reports 1.0.18(ScanModem) and the other the alsa-info.txt has several ones still reporting 1.0.18.  Should not they all match 1.0.20?  Something appears to be wrong, and I'd be better asking than be sorry later.

Attached will be the files.

Regards,

Antonio