Making an F11 bootable install key for F11?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 20:12:19 UTC 2009

Whilst the instructions for making a bootable liveusb are well known, I
wondered if it is possible to make a bootable install usbkey for the main
install for F11 once the main Fedora-11-i386-DVD.iso is released tomorrow?

In other words does the livecd-iso-to-disk command work in making an
installable usbkey for the main install DVD iso rather than the livecd
images?

If not then is there a way to do it without using this facility?

The reason I am asking is that I have a netbook with no optical drive, and
it has ext3 partitions for / and /opt - I have a PartedMagic bootable usbkey
in order to change the partition structure and shrink /opt to make space to
add a /boot partition - so when installing F11 what I would like to do is to
get anaconda to reformat both / and /opt to ext4.  However without any spare
space or partitions I need to boot from something other than the HD and have
the iso stored elsewhere too.....

Thanks in advance.