Rawhide moving on to Fedora 12 content

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:34:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Scott Beamer wrote:
> Mike Chambers wrote:
>
>> If you did install the F12 updates, then not sure what to do beside
>> downgrading packages to F11 (and you'll have to find them via koji or
>> whatever), or reinstalling.
>
> I suppose it's six of one and half-a-dozen of the other.  I guess I'll
> stick with Rawhide for the time being and do a fresh install of F11 when
> Rawhide starts to constantly break.
>
> I'm still not sure why I was getting those 404 errors on the FC11 repos...

I'm getting those errors on two systems today.  One system has
been on rawhide since f11 alpha.  The other I installed today
from an f11 preview live USB.  I can't yum install anything.  My
guess is that a switch was flipped to use f11 repositories that
don't exist on the mirrors yet and that things will start working
again tomorrow.  We'll see.  It's kind of a pain to not be able
to yum install things today, but I'd rather wait than mess with
the repo config.

Cheers...

                  David