Issues with the Live CD requirement for separate /boot

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 10 15:55:36 UTC 2009

Scott Robbins wrote:
> it has to boldly state--you CAN'T INSTALL THE LIVE CD ON ONE PARTITION.

You can't? Not even if you make / ext3 (or some other FS grub will
recognize)?

If not... I'm going to have to do a 'yum upgrade' on my asus, which is
going to be... painful.

(Btw, is ext4 considered "safe" for SSD's? I've so far been using ext2
to avoid the journaling...)

--
Matthew
"For UNIX thou art, and to UNIX thou shalt return"