Fedora 11 updates-testing

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jun 11 20:01:31 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 16:21:17 -0400,
>   Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>
>> That clarifies the process, thanks. I can't even ask why it takes so
>> long, clearly some packages have dependencies and the whole collection
>> needs to be updated at once (or from the bottom up, which isn't really
>> easier). And the signing steps also change distribution to a more batch
>> process.
>>
>> So it's as real time as it can be, without significant effort. Besides,
>> it gives up something to look forward to. ;-)
>>

> Things will probably improve this dev cycle. There is a proposal to auto
> sign stuff out of koji. This removes one roadblock.
>
> Probably we would be looking at packages outside of a key set (another
> proposal is for defining that set) getting into the updates or updates-testing
> repo within a day. Good mirrors should have that updated within another day,
> in their copy.

I appreciate the info, but my point was that it works fast enough now,
improvements enjoyed and appreciated, but not requested (by me, anyway).
If I read about something a day before I get it, that doesn't spoil my day.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  Even purely technical things can appear to be magic, if the documentation is