Rawhide: GDM problems with SELinux(enforcing)

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:14:30 UTC 2009

> Did you just upgrade to selinux?

I had updated directly from a Fedora 10 Preview LiveCD to Rawhide,
manually working around the RPM, Python 2.6 and OpenSSL issues.

> Try
>
> yum reinstall selinux-policy-targeted

So now my frozen GDM is replace by a blank black screen. :-) However I
can now Ctrl+Alt+F2 to a virtual terminal and log into text mode,
which was earlier not possible with the frozen GDM. From there on
startx provides me with a desktop, but the mouse does not respond and
the pointer is the ugly black X one.

> There is a bug upgrading from F10 to F11 that is causing stuff to crash.
>  Should be fixed tonight.

Okay, I shall try again tomorrow.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi