[Test-list] Think its a bug, please test it and confirm

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 18:04:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 08:07 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> I'm running a Fedora System. In order to test alphas etc, I install them
> to a trial partition on my Segate external harddrive. I add them to my
> existing grub and boot into them. The external harddrive thus has a
> partition "/". When i mount this partition on my normal system, run
> gnome-system-monitor , and go to the disk usage tab, the system monitor
> crashes..

> I think its a bug, can someone please try this out (make a partition
> as / , mount it and run gnome-system-monitor > disk usage) and confirm.

Something is not clear here: are you saying you set the label on the
partition as '/' ?

That's sufficiently unusual that I would suspect you're correct, and
this is a case that the code doesn't consider and causes a crash.

I'll try and test this later, but if you can confirm that that's what
you're doing, it'd help.