Fonts going funky in GTK apps

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:38:36 UTC 2009

I'm using KDE on (soon-to-be)F11, and I've been noticing that
occasionally, the fonts go funky in Firefox and/or OpenOffice.Org.
It's hard to describe, but basically some characters get replaced by
screwed-up-looking box things. Generally, restarting the app in
question works.

I've attached a couple of recent screenshots showing this in action.
Is it just me? What component should I even file against?

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.